What is Medical Abortion?
Medical Abortion is the method of removing the contents from the uterus to terminate the pregnancy. This procedure does not need any surgery or anaesthesia. Abortion pills have been prescribed by a medical consultant and a patient just needs to follow up their routine check-ups. It is the best and effective method when the mother is up to 10 weeks pregnant.
The mother may experience many emotional and physical problems during pregnancy. While taking a decision to abort a baby, comprehend the factors, risks, process and prevention of the same.
Factors Responsible For Choosing an Abortion
The reason behind terminating a baby can be medical or personal. There should be no hesitation while making a one step ahead for the proper family planning. With a health concern, one should not raise a child if she has the following problems:
- Have any major disease
- Unwillingness to grow a child
- Not satisfied in the relationship
- Want to focus on the career
- Have some financial issues
- Too young to have a baby
- Too old to have a baby
How is it Done?
- A doctor will first confirm the pregnancy before taking any step towards termination.
- After confirmation, discussions on past medical history and tests (Ultrasound), the doctor will suggest and make you aware about the entire procedure.
- Generally, a doctor will prescribe you the most common pills: mifepristone and misoprostol. If a woman is more than 9 weeks pregnant, mifepristone is given to her and then she is free to leave the center. After 2-3 days, misoprostol is consumed under the strict supervision of an expert.
- After the procedure, the patient is advised to come for regular checkups for a couple of days for the fast recovery.
Precautions To Follow After The Procedure
Some may feel completely normal while some women can experience medical problems like nausea, vomiting, heavy bleeding, fever and discomfort. But don’t worry it is completely normal. You just need to implement the following measures for the quick healing process:
- Eat a healthy and nutritious diet.
- Add exercises in your day-to-day activities.
- If any infection, consult a doctor immediately.
- Go for regular visits to the clinic to avoid future health problems.
- Use sanitary pads to avoid vaginal intercourse instead of tampons during menstruation.
Never wait for the situation to get worse in case of any related indications. Do not make any compromises to your health by taking an abortion pill without any consultation. Visit a doctor immediately for better assistance.