Abortion is a solely right and decision which can be taken by any woman they want. Being an adult woman you don't have to concern anyone before terminating the pregnancy.
But when it's about teen abortion in India, it comes up with so many questions. The mind is all into a bit of great and nervousness. The minors get termination of pregnancy due to some personal reasons, so to have some positive opinions, it would help them to have some confidence in taking the suitable decision.
Is it legal?
Termination of pregnancy is totally legal in India. As discussed above, an adult woman doesn’t require any permission. But in case of any minor of age under 18 years have to take parental consent before undergoing an abortion. The law that has been enforced in this work is the Medical Termination Pregnancy Act, 1971. This act says that a proper framework and structure should be formed or maintained before availing abortion services.
Basically, abortion takes place until the 20 weeks of gestation, and in some exceptional cases, it goes until 24 weeks.
Things to consider:
We suggest that you should be open about your pregnancy, it's reasons and all vital information. Don't be afraid to tell and without any hesitation take help from your elders or parents. Which would lead to safer choices for you? You can then consult a gynaecologist for all your questions and grasp all required and necessary information about ways of termination of pregnancy. You can get married and expert advice from them which will result in more safe abortion.
Who all can avail services?
It is not only for national or local patients who can avail abortion services and consult any medical practitioner to have all needed information. But if any patient who is living in another countries can come and have their abortion in India without considering any difference like caste, religion, financial status or anything.
Methods of Termination:
To make your worries vanish we are here to tell that even teenage abortions are the safest to have. Abortion is one of the safest procedure than childbirth. If you are feeling nervous about the teens abortion procedure, so let’s get into some details.
Abortion is basically done in two ways:
- Basically, it is taken into action up to 12 weeks of pregnancy.
- This method or procedure undergoes by giving some medicines to the patient.
- The medicine- mifepristone and misoprostol.
- These medicines are given according to the strict prescription to end the pregnancy.
- This method includes ending the pregnancy by implying suction through the tube into the uterus.
- There’s no stitches or cuts required.
- It is best during 12 to 20 weeks of pregnancy and safest to be done.
- It takes a short period of time, hardly 15 to 20 minutes.
- The patient can go that day only.