To terminate an unplanned or unwanted pregnancy, abortion is the best choice followed by all the circumstances and precautions. When you’re considering an abortion, you should know the rights and needs to make a wise decision to live a healthy life. Making a choice without having proper knowledge can cause serious problems. An accurate information is very necessary to balance the socio-economic issues in the society.
Is Abortion Legal in India?
Yes, abortion in India is legal under some laws and policies implemented by the government. The Medical Termination of Pregnancy (MTP) Act, 1971 states the legal framework and make health care services available for females in India. It is legal to get an abortion up to 20 weeks of gestation. You can get the procedure (Medical/Surgical) by the experienced and registered medical practitioners.
Termination of pregnancy is allowed to be done in the following conditions:
- When continuation of pregnancy can cause any mental or physical risk to the life of a woman.
- When there is any health risk to the child during the birth, a newborn might be handicapped due to some physical or mental abnormalities.
- When a woman is a victim of rape and pregnancy is caused because of rape.
- When the failure of contraceptives is the reason for pregnancy.
Follow Your Rights And Feel Empowered:
- Right to be informed.
- Right to know the hidden news regarding your pregnancy.
- Right to know the nutrients essential for normal fetal growth during pregnancy.
- Right to make your own decision without any enforcement.
- Right to ask for any help and concern when you need it.
What can help you the most?
An ultrasound test is important to know the stage of pregnancy to begin a suitable procedure. Every woman has different stories and realities, you just need to figure out how to deal with your life problems. Do not hesitate to discuss your emotional state with a professional for a genuine support. Ask for help when you require it the most.
Whether a woman is minor or adult, married or unmarried, rich or poor, can get a safest and legal abortion procedure in Delhi. A patient from any country can visit to end the childbirth and opt for safe medical practices to move forward. You will definitely get the expected support and guidance.