Abortion is not an easy process, women undergo many physical as well as mental issues. It is highly important to collect all the information about it and understand it well, then take the help of professional medical practitioner to deal with it. While considering its legality, getting a safe and legal abortion in India is fortunately much easier for women. It is legal to terminate an unwanted pregnancy up to 20 weeks.
Surgical abortion is a safe and effective choice to terminate the pregnancy of over 15 weeks. It has more than a 99% high success rate. Most of the women who are dealing with an unwanted pregnancy that they wish to terminate still prefer surgical abortion in India. You can choose to be under either local anaesthesia or general anaesthesia if you consider the surgical method. This method is performed in two ways:
7 to 15 weeks pregnant
Under this stage, you can opt for vacuum aspiration, also called a suction method. In this process, a hand syringe is used as a suction tool which helps to remove the contents of the uterus. By this procedure, abortion is carried out using secure and safe suction.
Over 15 weeks pregnant
Under this stage, you can go for dilation and evacuation. In the procedure, a synthetic dilator is inserted inside the cervix and a dilator helps to widen the lining of the cervix. Once the cervix is opened, a cannula is used to empty the tissues of the uterus.
Why choose surgical abortion?
The advantages of surgical abortion are as follows:
- It can be conducted when the pregnancy is been delayed.
- It is less time-consuming. It takes just about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Usually, you need to visit the clinic/hospital for once.
- It causes less bleeding and cramping.
- All the steps are performed under the supervision of medical staff.
- There are fewer chances of complications.
- It is allowed to continue breastfeeding.
- There are minimum risk factors, infection and side effects.